First of all, Happy Valentine's Day to all of you lovelies!
Nothing says Valentine's Day, like a crap-ton of chocolate, amiright?
This recipe kind of came about on accident, and I'm certainly not mad about it.
My farmer loves pies.
Specifically chocolate pie.
BUT... with Beckam's egg allergy, this led me to get creative.
I looked through endless recipes, and came up with this one.
Basically these pudding cups, are the extra filling.
SO this recipe I am going to give you will make probably a dozen of these pudding cups.
It is super easy to make, and can be vegan if you know where to get the right chocolate chips.
ALSO, there is one super sneaky secret ingredient...
10 ounce dark chocolate chips
1 can full fat coconut milk, chilled overnight
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ripe avocado
And that's it.
It only takes about 15 minutes to prepare also...
1. Pour chocolate chips into a saucepan and then remove can of coconut milk from the refrigerator. Scoop the solidified cream from the can, placing it into the saucepan, along with 1/3 cup of the liquid... you might not use it all, and that is ok. You can discard the rest or use it for something else. :)
2. Warm the sacucepan over low to medium heat until the chocolate has all melted. Add the maple syrup and vanilla and stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
3. Using kitchen aid/food processor/blender, add the avocado flesh and get nice and smooth. Mix in cooled chocolate sauce until smooth. Make sure there are no chunks of avocado.
4. Pour mixture into cups (or a prebaked pie crust if you want) and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to set.
5. Add toppings if you wish, and serve cold. ENJOY!A fun, kind of healthy, treat for you and your kiddos.
Super easy for your kids to help you make it too.
Just don't let them know there is avocado in it.
OR do. Whatever.